Post by Singlemalt on Oct 10, 2016 7:51:04 GMT
<-- Back to All campaign, conquest, empire and general list.
Disclaimer: (be aware: this is my gameplay. Maybe your gameplay needs other tacs. There are more roads to Rome!)
1. Pick your country based on your level, experience and goal to achieve for rewards: link to list of power per era: european-war-4.boards.net/post/95823
• Each country has his strong units, which will probably a topic of a thread soon.
• Each country has his unique location, with his own strongholds and different strong powers nearby.
• Also some countries have a starting alliance with a neighbor country. This is great since you don’t have to full defend that boarder. This alliance or new alliances can be made or broken during the game. More info will be posted below
2. Choose your 4 generals which you can deploy during the game: link to list of generals: european-war-4.boards.net/post/95826 and general discussion:http://european-war-4.boards.net/post/99574/thread
• To assign a general in a city you have to go to the city icon tavern click on the particular general and add him on a free spot (each city or sea point can only contain 6 troops. Easy swaps are made if units have not moved. All units can only move once a turn).
• These won’t be your only generals. During the game you earn coins and forge which can be used to:
o Build troops
o Upgrade defense, barrack, stable, range, factory
o Build Palace (in which princesses can be installed)
o Go to the Tavern: In here depending on your age there are generals to hire! They are not cheap but if you progress quickly you really get strong generals which can almost alone clear the enemies’ next city!
--> Another advantage by playing with them is that you get experience in the strength of the different kind of items they come with!
You see that your enemies fully hire generals but since they are in lower era they are no match for you! This is important to win the game quickly. Just focus on strongholds and get some of these generals!
3. Get your princess installed in some of your cities
• Since I only have 2 atm I just assign them to get a little more coin and hopefully 1% health regain. If there is a limit or that you have to reassign them during the game I don’t know yet
4. Start the game and deploy your generals on tactic spots so you can use their strength in the beginning so you get a Head start
• For example in my classical age China conquest:
o You have an alliance with Ankor so the South is save for the moment (>20 turns I think)
o Strongholds to get the Mongols and Japan asap:
- Seaol, Taipei, Peking, Dihua
- I build there my generals and I got both powers out of the way within 5 turns by blitzkrieg
o New strongholds:
• Rostov --> Vienna
• Tehran --> Athens / Alexandria
• Guam (or pacific when you keep the peace with Ankor, I that case you keep also Kunming and Guangzhou as strongholds)
o After this its easy since you’re the strongest and upgrading to newer ages quicker then the other powers.
• Upgrade your def towers
• Don’t destroy to much (see fight tips)
• Get your new generals
• Make peace with the big power (Rome) when getting the capitals of the little power and when saving coins for age upgrade (see diplo)
• Be aware after capturing the next city the same turn your defense is low and when the enemy can attack it from multiple sides you have to be sure to keep it! (see fight tips)
• I am not done yet and its my 1st conquest >20 turns and probably using this tac I will be around the 80 turns or lower!
5. Upgrade in ages (new era)
• Every turn you see the green bar in the upper middle increasing toward full green bar which means you can get into the other age (which leads to new troops after upgrade of the producing buildings, increased defense building and stronger generals to buy).
• The costs are cheap in the beginning but after a couple of ages you have to save up. When you do this try to be allies with a strong other power and when you regroup your troops
• I did not buy new generals at the start which leads to a big amount of forge, which helps you in the upgrade part
• In the left lower corner of your screen you see a peace pidgin and a number
• This is the button to enter diplomacy
• The number is telling you how many diplomatic moves you are allowed
• It is often zero and I have no clue yet how many turns you get another one
• I know you can have at least 2 in saving
• Either you can make peace. This will always work if you have a diplomatic move, but the number of turns is variable (increasing when making more often peace with same power), also the opponent can use his diplomatic move thereafter to end it.
• You can do the same but it will cost you another diplomatic move
• Clicking on each power you can see what your diplomatic move will give you (either form fight to a couple of turns friendship, or from X number of peace rounds to fight)
• Remember when you have an alliance and no diplomatic move you cannot attack the other!
7. Fight tips
• General tips
o At every point you can retreat, this costs only some xp, your units are alive
o You have 20 turns to destroy the objective (or in sea all enemies), in cities it is not needed to kill all enemies. Only the objective has to be destroyed
o Enemy cities are often well defended and normal units does not hit the towers/walls or townhouse (the objective), so siege weapons are often needed (or very strong generals)
o In general it is advised that when you attack try to get the enemy out of the gate and then form a trap in which the archers are defended by horse/soldiers. Siege weapons I keep behind till most units are dead.
o In general it is advised that when you defend you stay in your city and use the towers as good as possible
o You can check the enemies army by attacking (check army, depicted in second picture below) but then click it away.
o If 20 turns are reached your troops that are alive will be back in your attacking city
o If you have another army waiting it can finish the job (all damage and kills are still like you left it)
o Remember when you got a city and destroyed most of the defenses while your own troops suffered heavy damage and you don’t have money to either upgrade the new
BTW: Desophaeus started a new topic to discuss which 6 units to choose for optimal attacks. You can find the discussion in here: european-war-4.boards.net/post/102675/thread
• Attack / Defense on sea:
o As you can see in the pictures below to cross some ocean’s stronghold have to be captured first
o The red dots imply you can attack
o Next picture shows us the troops which attack each other, now you still can go back
o What I do is waiting in specific order and try to use archery as smart as possible. I use warriors against archers and horses against warriors.
• Attack / Defense on land:
o The start works like the attack on sea as you can see in the pictures below
o Note that I can only bring 2 troops with me because the others were build or already moved! (I did this attack just for the guide)
o As I posted above you need to destroy the objective within 20 turns.
o I try always to get the enemy out of defense building range (in this case the reach is 3 hex )
o When you get in most often you destroy 1 or 2 towers. The next turn you can already get an enemy army in front of your gate (which you just blow up) without any defending building and low HP on town center.. Don’t forget this
It took me a lot of time and effort to make this with multiple devices but I hope this will give some more inside on the game play!
links to extra information on conquests:
1. Conquests guides classical age without generals (By burningwings): european-war-4.boards.net/post/103017/thread
2. Special Beginners guide for siege and raid (By burningwings): european-war-4.boards.net/post/103240/thread
3. Troop Composition advice (By Desophaeus ): european-war-4.boards.net/post/102675/thread
4. Inca farming route (By best75): european-war-4.boards.net/post/103414/thread
5. Conquest recods list (By NetherFreek): european-war-4.boards.net/post/98718/thread
6. List of the better conquests per age (By Netherfreek): european-war-4.boards.net/post/98496/thread
7. greece farming route (bij odm): european-war-4.boards.net/post/108525/thread
7. list of conquests which players have played (By best75): european-war-4.boards.net/post/100683/thread
<-- Back to All campaign, conquest, empire and general list.