This is the last mission for the allies campaign. You are warned at the start that the enemies may not be limited to Japan (the Soviets were your allies at the start).
The Soviets have powerful generals (Zhukov, Govorov, Vatutin and Rokkosovsky). So I decided to let the Japanese deplete Soviet troops in the north while I focus on the southern cities. To make the mission easy, please let the Soviets capture Tokyo so that they will not become your enemy (but if you still want to capture it, wait for their powerful generals get destroyed by the Japanese).
This mission will require 1 strong tank general, 1 artillery general and 1 navy general. You are given a nuke at the start.
1. Land your forces far south from Osaka. Lure Terauchi out by parking a destroyer near the port. After Terauchi go out and attack the destroyer, use your navy gen to one-shot Osaka to pieces.
2. It is very importnant to capture the small city with lvl 3 airport. After that, move and capture Osaka. Kill Terauchi as fast as possible, he has insane AoE damage.
3. Rush all your forces to the northern cities, at the time Itagaki already less than half health (after fighting Zhukov). Please respect Mother Russia and let them take Tokyo. REMEMBER: If you or your allies capture Tokyo, all the Soviet army will become your enemies.
4. What about Nagasaki in the south? Use the lvl 3 airport to drop the nuke on Nagasaki. Harass the survivors with your navy gen and use paratroopers to quickly take the city.
5. After all that is done, there is only one city left in the north you need to capture. Ferry your tank/artillery gens while using paratroopers as distraction to Japanese defenders. Kill Koiso, capture the city and taste glorious victory.
Congratulations! 3 stars is yours and peace between US and Soviet Union is maintained
Sure indeed. Especially considering my Britsh/American allies were mostly wiped out and the Japanese still holding strong in the north. So, its better to be less greedy rather than having more enemies 😉
No, I don't think its possible since both Japan and Soviet generals have high health. The only thing that helped is to let them fight each other until either of them got destroyed. This makes it easier for you to capture the city later on.
Is it possible to Blitz through the campaign? Taking Tokyo and finishing up the objectives before the Soviets rush your forces?
Yes it is possible. When I did this one on Hard Mode, after taking Tokyo I rushed my tank generals up to the northern city where Itagaki starts, sidestepping the Soviets and taking it quickly. Then I bombed Sapporo (Soviets had work it down almost all the way) and the dropped a paratrooper on it. It is not easy, however. My tech was really advanced and my generals were fully upgraded.
Interestly enough the hard mode of this mission might actually be easier than the normal mode. In hard the soviet forces have been given a bluff and they were able to capture the north most city by themselves while in normal mode I had to move troops up there my self to capture it. Just as long as you let soviets capture Tokyo and they stay your allies I think the hard mode is easier than the normal mode
I was playing on hard mode and I let the Soviets have Tokyo. Then they still turned hostile. Are you sure that the trigger is them NOT getting Tokyo? Seems to me like they stay allies if you take Tokyo instead of them.